Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Vellum style

 

This week at Just Add Ink the challenge is to Just Add Mother’s Day.

IMG_4158

The main panel is vellum stamped with stazon using a stamp from Elements of Style. I have then attached that over a piece of pink pirouette cardstock.  The butterflies are stamped onto shimmery white and coloured with pip and razzleberry using a blender pen and adhered with glue dots.

We made this card at my club last weekend. I was showing the ladies lots of different ways to use vellum and they liked the cards and enjoyed using it.  But then one of them asked if I had any Mother’s Day sentiments for this card.  So it obviously didn’t look “Mother’s Dayish” enough for her but I hope it passes as one for our JAI challenge anyway :)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Elements of style, oval all, kindness matters

Card : shimmery white, black, pink pirouette, vellum card

Ink : stazon, pip, razzleberry

Other : oval punch, oval scallop punch, brads, blender pen, razzleberry satin ribbon, white pen, big shot, polka dot folder

 

Please take a look at what the rest of the design team have created this week and show us your Mother’s Day designs.

 

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the look that the vellum adds. I really need to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card definately looks classy and elegant - perfect for any woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a very elegant card and agree it is perfect for a mother's day card, we all have different tastes. Thanks again for letting me CASE this card for my stamp class tonight. Stamping on vellum is a lovely technqiue to add to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Kathy. You've inspired me to dig out my unloved vellum; it creates such a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is defintitely a card any mother would love Kathy. I love the mix of the light pink with the black and white - so classic!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully put together Kathy, your use of vellum is lovely, a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vellum is perfect on this card, it adds a lovely softness to the card.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!