Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peaceful Tidings

 

Well last week’s Merry Monday came and went and I didn’t get around to making a card for it :(   But the week before that LeAnne chose me as her top pick :) Thanks LeAnne.

Here is this weeks Merry Monday sketch.

 

I used the Tidings of Joy stamp set again for this week’s sketch but in a way that makes it look totally different.  I hope you’ll leave me a comment and let me know which one you like best.

 

IMG_4239

 

I had seen some beautiful copic cards just using greys and I really wanted to give it a try with this stamp.  These are warm greys and they actually matched better with soft suede and espresso than they did with grey.  Kind of a sepia look I guess.

The ribbon is crumb cake seam binding and it looks much better IRL as it just kind of blends in with the dsp behind it while still noticing the nice sheen it has. In the photo it looks completely different and much more dominating than it really is unfortunately. You’ll have to trust me ;).

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Tidings of Joy, Four the holidays

Card : espresso, suede, x-press it, mocha morning dsp

Ink : memento black, versamark, espresso

Other : clear embossing powder, crumb cake seam binding, copics

 

I was really happy with how this card turned out and I finally found a use for that dsp too.  (I love the look of it but I just haven’t been able to use it much?)  I think it will make beautiful Christmas cards :)

 

Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Kathy, this looks AMAZING. I love your use of neutrals, and the colours complement one another beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful but I personally think this one has the WOW factor. I LOVE the neutral colours, the use of the Mocha Morning DSP and your fab colouring with the grey Copics. Brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...this is stunning, Kathy! Like almost unbelievable. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this is so cool, Kathy! Love your coloring on this! Really adorable stamp set, paper and sentiment! :)
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is fabulous, Kathy. This image looks super in sepia tones and gives me a totally different perspective on it. Love the DSP with it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't choose between them but do love the way you've coloured this ... Just so different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kathy - I really love this card and your colouring for it's earthy tones (plus if you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of neutrals!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is incredible!!! So beautiful in these neutral shades. May I ask though.... what is X-press it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, unreal. Your colouring is amazing Kathy. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, you're welcome! I was scanning this week's cards and AGAIN, my eye was immediately drawn to your card. This monochromatic image is just wonderful. I am really amazed at how pretty it is; you have a knack with shading and coloring! That is a sign of a really great stamper, that you can take one image and make two totally fresh and different designs! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week and sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, I love the clean look. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Very pretty monochromatic card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, your colouring and shading looks amazing. The greys look so great combined with this set.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!