Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

So glad we’re friends

 

This week at Just Add Ink we are casing one of the team, Mae Collins.

Mae also lives in Tasmania and since meeting her through JAI we have become friends.  As soon as I joined the team she was so welcoming and friendly. Getting to know wonderful people like Mae is one of the best things about being on a design team :)

So when I was looking at Mae’s blog for something to case, I just couldn’t go past this card of hers.

Instead of a happy birthday card though, I just had to use a “friends” sentiment.

I have kept the layout and card pretty much the same as Mae’s but I have coloured mine with warm grey copics for a sepia effect.

 

IMG_4261

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : The Nicest Things, Best Yet

Card : espresso, x-press it, mocha morning dsp

Ink : memento black, crumb cake, espresso

Other : espresso taffeta ribbon, oval punch, copics

 

Please take a look at Mae’s blog and join us in casing her this week.

 

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. I really love the coloring on the card! Love that sepia effect! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thanks for your lovely comments, I too am glad that we have become friends through JAI and it is about time we got together for lunch and coffee again! Although I am busy over the next two weeks, so I will call you. I think you have done a lovely CASE of my card and your sepia colouring is fabulous. Have a lovely weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Kathy. Your colouring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white theme of this card! Great take on Mae's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your copics colouring is awesome Kathy. The warm greys work really well with the brown tones of the paper. A lovely card to give to a friend.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, what awesome colouring. The girls look fantastic coloured like that. Great CASE of Mae's card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm in awe of your colouring Kathy! I love this sepia effect with your copics -really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!