Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dinosaur boy

 

I needed to make a birthday card this week and thankfully they had another great sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches for inspiration.

I did follow the sketch although mine does look a bit different I know.  It’s as if a dinosaur put his foot down right on top of it and it got a little squished. :)

 

IMG_4366

 

This is a giant dinosaur sized card for my boy.  No he’s not turning 3, but there were 3 panels and I wanted 3 dinosaurs on it.  He’s not a boy either!  He’s actually turning 26!  He was one of those boys who are absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs. Every book he read, story he wrote, picture he drew and game he played was about dinosaurs. So even though this is meant to be a kid’s set I just had to buy it and make a card for him to relive his childhood (plus he’s just a big kid anyway :)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Dinoroar, French foliage

Card : black, white, sahara sand, x-press it

Ink : NQN, pumpkin, garden green, versamark, bashful blue, stazon

Other : copics, big shot, tasteful trim, mat pack, white pen

 

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. I hope he has a wonderful birthday! This is such a fun card. Love the backgrounds and those dinosaurs are colored perfectly! I'll be embarrassed to try to color mine now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Love this for the big kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool card! I love all your details (the alternating panels with the dinosaurs/backgrounds), and the rik-rak trim... and the clouds! Fantastic card - any "boy" would love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading the background on this! How could he not just love this card??!! Such a fun use of those dinosaurs and a great take on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this card is just adorable! I think any man at any age could appreciate this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol ... what a great and very perfect card for ANY age, I looooove your take on this sketch, love those dinosaurs ... fabulous work as always Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly cute Kathy! I love that you've created this for a 26 year old - I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!