Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Snowy

I made another Christmas card for Bunny Zoe's Crafts this week.
  This time I used a very cute snowman stamp from High Hopes called Snowy Tag .





I decided to colour him and cut him out to use as a tag (you need to imagine him on a beautifully wrapped present, as I have some cards done but I don't have any presents organised yet!) :)
You could use him as a cute bookmark too!

And then I coloured him again but this time just his hat, face and scarf and cut them out and used them on the card.




I die cut some letters and coloured around the edge of them with the same copics that I used to colour his face W3 and BG000.

I used the gorgeous  Joyous papers by authentique again.  The black has lots of Christmas sentiments in different languages and the red is a fun Christmas find a word  (the scroll at the bottom is on the paper, it is not part of my watermark :)

My daughter has a male teacher this year and I thought she might like to give this card to him so I resisted the urge to put stickles on the snowman or letters in case it made it too "pretty".  I did use some of the black flat backed pearls as accents though.

This stamp is actually very versatile.  It makes a great tag of course but there are lots of other ways it can be used if you just use the top portion of the image. Plus .... he's lots of fun to colour.

I would also like to enter this card into the "It's Snowing" challenge over at High Hopes Stamps.

Ingredients :

Stamps : Snowy Tag (High Hopes)
Card : RH Red, x-press it, Joyous (Authentique)
Ink : memento black
Other : timeless type alpha (sizzix), big shot, circles (SB), black flat backed pearls, copics

Copics used :
BG 0000, 000, 05, 72
YG 0000, 01, 03
R 000, 20, 24, 30
W 3, 5, 7, 9


Kathy

5 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous and I think it suits a male very well. Love how you have shown the versatility of the snowman and how you used him as your 'o' in joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag and the card. Both are so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and tag Kathy, love how you've just used the head in between letters, very effective, and fabulous coloring too. Thanks for sharing it with us at High Hopes Challenge this week.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - the snowman works so well with your die cut letters.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!