Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A circle of friends


Welcome to our Circle of Friends blog hop especially for our dear DT member and friend Bev Rochester
Unfortunately, Bev has had to take a little break from crafting over the past few months due to ill health. We are missing her here at Whimsy and want to let her know that we are thinking about her and wishing her a speedy recovery. Even though the Whimsy family is scattered all around the world, we have come together as a circle of friends to show Bev our love and support by each making her a card. Although this hop is for Bev, we do hope you will hop along with us to support our wonderful teammate and friend. If you arrived here from Jacque Beddingfield’s blog, then you are in the right place! If you’ve happened upon this post by chance and would like to hop with us, hop on over to the Whimsy Stamps blog to begin the hop.

I wanted to make Bev something bright and happy that will hopefully make her smile.





I decided to use the beautiful Beau and Bashful stamp by Sylvia Zet again.  I decided to just use Beau though, so I coloured him with my brightest copics, added some sparkle to his horn and cut him out.  I wanted a sentiment about making someone’s day brighter and I didn’t have one so I just printed this up myself and sponged a cloudy sky over the top of it.

I know it would make a great Get Well card for a little girl but I’m really hoping that a big girl like Bev will appreciate it too :)

I hope it did brighten your day a little Bev and I hope you start feeling much better really soon.

Ingredients :
Stamps : Beau and Bashful
Card : x-press it, celery, limeaid
Ink : pool party, memento black
Other : big shot, grassy edges die (MFT), kindy glitz, pearl pen, Romantic Rectangles (spellbinders), copics

copics used:
RV 21, 23, 25, 63, 66, 69
YG 0000, 01, 03
Y 11, 13, 15
BV 04, 08
R 30
C 1
W 3, 5, 7
BG 10
B 0000, 00, 02, 04

So now it's time for you to hop over to ... Debbie Eastman’s Blog.
Finally, here is a full hop list in hopping order:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Kathy

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and sweet Kathy,Bev will love it!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Colourful creation, enought to bright up anyone's day. I'm sure bev will love it.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is gorgeous and colorfull

    hugs Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever sooo SWEET!!! Love the rainbow effect!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this Kathy! What a fabulous and bright card.
    Bev will love it!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card for Bev, Kathy! I am sure the sentiment and bright colors will make her smile! Terrific coloring of the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers - this is so bright and cheery. Love the frame and the coloring! To die for!!! Bev's spirits have to be lifted seeing this one.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable. I'm sure it will bring a smile to Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely colorfull unicorn. So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card. This should brighten Bev's day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet card. Love image, coloring and pretty design.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a really fun card this will brighten any ones day especially Bev's Love Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and loving the cheerful colours.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Kathy. I'm sure it will make Bev's day. Love this gorgeous stamp of Sylvia's. Beau looks lovely all rainbowed up like that. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful and pretty card Kathy..its so simple but so unique..the pony looks the best..I'm sure Bev's life will be rainbowed like this card..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kathy realy gorgeous. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww this is so sweet Kathy! So bright and cheerful... and I'm sure Bev is going to LOVE it! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!