Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Pussywillows

 I have a card to share today using the Pussywillows stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil.

This stamp is so beautiful and I thought it would be great to use for a Thinking of You card.




I had a lot of fun creating this card :)

Firstly I created a mask to cover the girl on the stamp.
Then I created the background by brayering some distress oxide inks onto my gel press.  I used Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade and Speckled Egg for the sky and pressed it onto the cardstock.

It looked pretty good except that it looked a bit more like three stripes of colour than a sky.  So I just used a sponge with the same distress oxides and blended a little between the blue and yellow and the yellow to persimmon.  

This was easier for me and gave a much better result as I find blending oxides smoothly onto copic card a bit difficult.

Then I blended Twisted Citron and Pistachio Distress Oxides for the grass.

I flicked on some gesso mixed with water and also "painted" some whispy clouds with it.

I removed the mask and coloured the girl with Copics and used a white Posca pen on the pussywillows.


Copics used :

B0000

BG 000, 72

YG 93

E 00, 13, 21, 33, 35, 37, 53





I'd like to enter my card in the following card challenges :


Wednesdays Creative Inspirations Challenge : spring flowers

Paper Funday Challenge : anything goes


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, love the image and your background is amazing.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background, and that image just gives such a feeling of peace to me. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mo's images and this one is especially sweet. I love how you've created the background; just a stunning card. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The background is absolutely gorgeous and I love the image and your colouring too. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!