Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

First Christmas

 

I’ve just made my first Christmas card for the year.  Yay!!!

I am entering it into this weeks challenge at the Paper Players.  It’s a Clean and Simple challenge called Bring On the Bling and I’ve certainly done that.

IMG_6346

I don’t generally use that much bling but Christmas is a good excuse to get sparkly isn’t it?

I used silver glimmer paper and rhinestones for my bling and I embossed the sentiment with silver too.

I used one of the leaves from French Foliage to create the Poinsettia.  I just stamped it 3 times with real red, moving the leaf around slightly each time before re-inking. Then I cut it out.  I had seen this done before all in green to make a wreath but I decided to make it a poinsettia instead.  I also stamped a few leaves in gumball green and added them to the back.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : French Foliage, Contempo Christmas

Card : real red, white, gumball green, silver glimmer paper, brights dsp stack

Ink : real red, gumball green, versamark

Other : big shot, petals a plenty ef, silver ep, rhinestones

 

Hopefully I’ll be good this year and not leave all my Christmas stamping till November!

 

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, Beautiful! The rhinestones and glimmer paper add the perfect amount of shine. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kathy! This is a great layout. The rhinestones are placed perfectly. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your first Christmas card! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!