Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Joyful lights

 

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to Just Add a Die Cut.

I have taken this challenge seriously and have used nothing BUT the Big Shot on this card.

IMG_2576

 

I thought I would make another Christmas card for my stash (actually it’s a very small stash at the moment but you’ve got to start somewhere!) :)

I decided to use the Island Floral die to make some Christmas tree lights.  After cutting them out of real red card, I used crystal effects on them to make them “glass-like”.  They are very shiny and a bit hard to photograph well. I then cut 3 more using glossy white and cut them just for the top bit of the light. I also used some black wire (that I had bought for some crafty something years ago and had never used) to string the lights together.

Then I used my new Tasteful Trim die (you guessed it another birthday present :) I cut 2 scalloped pieces from the subtles dsp stack to represent the Christmas tree the lights are hanging from.

Then I used my Timeless type junior alphabet and cut the word “Joy” from glossy white card. 

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : none

Card : olive, white, red, glossy white, subtles dsp stack

Ink : real red (sponged on edge of lights)

Other : big shot, polka dot ef, island floral, tasteful trim, timeless type alpha, crystal effects, black wire

 

Please take a look at what the rest of the JAI team have created this week and take up the challenge to use a die cut on a card yourself. 

 

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. What an 'out of the box' idea for the Island Floral Die - love it. My Christmas card stash is nil so you're doing better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how clever are you, using a petal to create a Christmas light??!! GREAT use of your Big Shot, Kathy - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Christmas Card!!! And I love how you only used your Big Shot - that's impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great start on your christmas stash Kathy! what a very clever use of that die...great idea & a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, love your die cut card ! great use of the bigsgot just perfect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever using this die to make your Christmas lights! Great use of the Big Shot. Enjoyed our lunch and catch up the other day, look forward to the next one! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!