Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Christmas stamp-a-stack

 

I held my first stamp-a-stack on Saturday.

8 ladies attended and it was a great afternoon.  I had christmas carols softly playing in the background (Boney M christmas cd – the best christmas cd there is in my opinion) although we didn’t actually notice the songs much over all the chatter :)

We made 8 cards (2 each of 4 designs).  I asked the ladies which card was their favourite and the answers were pretty mixed actually, so I guess that means there was something for everyone.

This was a little gift card holder that we made.

 

IMG_2635

 

I was inspired by one I saw on splitcoaststampers by Kelly Acheson.  I just altered it a little.

The ladies loved it!  I did have a few other sentiments for them to use too, just in case they didn’t like this one, but most of them used it, it’s so cute!

Ingredients :

Stamps : Tags til christmas

Card : white, olive, espresso, crumb cake, in colour dsp (ret)

Ink : real red

Other : big shot, two tags die, polka dot ef., tasteful trim, square punch, square scallop punch, owl punch, pearls, celery ribbon (ret.)

 

For the owl eyes I coloured pearls with a black permanent marker.  They look really great on the owl and are easier to stick on than a tiny black circle of card is.

I will show you the other cards we made over the next week.

After making all the cards we had a few Christmas treats for afternoon tea and chatted some more.  I also had a little Christmas raffle and Chantel was the winner. 

It was a really great day!  Thanks ladies :)

 

Kathy 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to see you did go ahead and get the Tags Til Christmas set. I did too. This is a super cute gift card holder & his little waistcoat is very Christmassy! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going through your blog and I love your creativity. This little owl is just tooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!