Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Partying ants

Well I had to come up with another birthday card for a 6 year old boy this week!  I found some great inspiration at Stampin’ Celebration where you have to use the colours or theme of this picture.  All those pinks, reds and browns and of course those CAKES, who could resist?
image
I did use a lot of pink, red and brown and cakes but it was looking a bit too “girly” for a 6 year old boy so I added old olive into the mix.  Hopefully that’s still okay for the challenge though, because the theme is definitely still there – cakes and celebrating!
IMG_0908
I also found a new challenge site this week called Our Creative Corner and their challenge was to “cut it out”. So I came up with the idea to use the little ant from Bugs and Kisses and have them carrying the Birthday Bakery cakes on their backs. These cakes are actually on cake stands so I cut all the cakes out, minus the stands (and there are actually 6 different cakes – perfect!) and glued them onto the ants’ backs.
Ingredients :
Stamps : Bugs and Kisses, so happy for you, birthday bakery,confetti
Card : espresso, white, real red, brights dsp stack
Ink : espresso, real red, versamark
Other : big shot, timeless type alpha, espresso brad, markers

Hope my daughter’s friend likes it!
Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Welcome to Our Creative Corner. So happy you found us and joined in the fun here this week. Your card is just as cute as can be. What a terrific idea to have the ants carrying all the goodies. Great colors too. Thanks for playing with us and hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the ants. Too cute. Thanks for joining us at SCIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is too cute! I love the ants carring the sweets, each one is cut perfectly. What a great way to use a stamp set in a different way! A wonderful card for your first time joining us at the OCC. Thanks for joining us this week for the "Cut It Out" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that?! I love how you used those cupcakes! Just perfect for your birthday card!! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Your so creative! I just love the ants! Way to go! Thanks for playing at SCIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those ants are so cute! I love that they are carrying all the treats to the party! :) Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Kathy - this card is just too cute! I love the ants carrying all of the cakes (my 9YO was looking over my shoulder and it got her vote of approval too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! I love how the ants are carrying the treats--great combo of stamp sets. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, this is so cute and creative. I love how you used the Birthday Bakery stamp with the ants. Love your CAS style and this color combo. Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! love the ants carrying cakes! Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner, we love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea with the bugs & cakes! Inspired, Kathy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!