Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Penguin With Star


Unfortunately this is my last Guest Design Team card for Whimsy Stamps.
I have really loved working with Whimsy again!!!
Such awesome products to play with and such awesome people to work with too :)

For my last card I chose to use this super adorable stamp by Lee Holland called Penguin With Star.






I think this penguin is a soft, fluffy one, perhaps he's just a chick?  
So I decided to colour him a soft warm grey.
I used Copics to colour the penguin and tree and cut them out.

Then I created my background.
I used Distress Inks and sponged on some Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans and Black Soot,  Then I splashed some water on top.

I used some Ranger Texture Paste with the Star Dangle Stencil to create the beautiful stars and I added some extra dots of "snow" with a gel pen.

I added a little Wink of Stella to the star the penguin is holding.

For the snowy ground I just tore some strips of white card which I think give a nice soft snow effect.

Copics Used :

R 22, 24, 27
YR 14, 16, 18
Y 15
B 0000
W 00, 1, 3, 5
G 21, 24, 82
YG 13
E 31, 37, 39


It is extremely rare for me not to use a sentiment on a card but I was just happy with the way this card looked without one.

This little penguin is just so sweet and I loved colouring him.
He made me realise that I need some more Lee Holland stamps :)

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

Love to Scrap - anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge - inks and sprays

Thanks for dropping by

Kathy



1 comment:

  1. This card is adorable! I love that sweet little image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge. -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!