Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy Birthday Pirate

I have something for Anna's Craft Cupboard to share today :)

I needed a birthday card for a boy this week so I decided to use one of my most favourite MFT sets, Party Like a Pirate, again.

I truly love this set!!! There are so many great images in it but I decided to just use 2 of them and kept this card pretty clean and simple.




I also used the MFT Big Birthday die again on this card. 
I cut my white panel to be slightly smaller than the white base card and then die cut the Happy Birthday out of it.
I used a black fineliner pen to draw a border around the edge and attached it to a piece of Doodlebug Fun in the Sun paper.
Then I glued on the inside letter bits that were cut out, like the centres of the "P's" for example.

So instead of cutting the letters out and placing them on top of the card, this is more like a stencil.

I distressed around the edge of the piece to roughen it up a bit and also added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I attached it to the card base, popped the pirate up on some foam tape and added some Black Tie Ranger Enamel Accents.





I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

Love to scrap - anything goes
Time Out Challenges - birthday quote


This pirate set is so fabulous and fun!
I don't think it would be possible to make a dud card with it!  :)

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy










3 comments:

  1. A great card for a boy! Love the bold sentiment; fits perfect! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy matie! What a fantastic card, perfect for a young (or old) man. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!