Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

MFT Blueprints 5 - Tag Builder Die-namics tags

I have another post for Anna's Craft Cupboard today featuring the fabulous Blueprints 5 -  Tag Builder Die-namics by My Favorite Things.

There are so many wonderful elements included in this die that I thought I would make a few tags to showcase some of them.



This Tag Builder Die-namic includes a solid tag with a stitched edge that you could use on it's own but I have used it for the back of all of these tags.
It also includes two other tags.  One has a rectangular window with stitching around that (bunny and hippo tag) and the other has a square window with a smaller rectangular opening below it. (house tag)
They also have an opening for string or ribbon to go through and two different types of reinforcements for this.

One of the greatest things about this tag die, in my opinion, are the different ways you can die-cut your sentiments.  You get the fishtail label (bunny), the banner (hippo), the rectangle piece in the square window die (house) and there is a larger fishtail flag too.  They only fit smaller sentiments but there are usually a couple of these in most MFT stamp sets.

There are many other fun parts to this die too such as little hugs and kisses and hearts.
And even the left over parts from "windows" being cut out have stitching around their edges too, so you get lots of useful extras to use on something else :)





I decided to try making a shaker tag from the two window tag.
I've never made one before and I was really happy with how it turned out :)



This is how I made my shaker tag if you'd like to give it a try :)

  • I used the solid tag to cut an acetate piece for the shaker front and a back from white card.
  • I used the tag with the 2 windows to cut a front from purple card.  I also used it to cut some foam leaving the lower rectangle window in place. Because the sides of the tag are so tiny I thought I would try this instead of using foam mounting tape.  I had never done this before and it was SO much quicker and easier :)  I just used the die to cut it and then glued it to the back tag piece.
  • I used the heart confetti die from this set to cut out some hearts in pink and purple and put them inside the shaker window.
  • I glued the acetate sheet on top of the foam piece and then glued the purple piece on top of this.
  • I cut another of the 2 window tags from white card and stamped the "Be Happy" from the MFT Happy Hippos stamp onto the rectangle window piece. I glued this in place over the foam in the bottom window.
  • I stamped the house and heart banner from the MFT Up In The Air set, coloured them with Copics and cut them out. I used glue and glue dots to adhere to tag.
  • The birds from the MFT Happy Hippos set were coloured with Copics, cut out and adhered.



I think this might make a nice tag for a new home or housewarming gift or maybe even for a wedding or engagement?


Trumpet Bunny Tag 




Ingredients :

Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper
MFT Strike Up The Band  (for bunny and sentiment stamp)
MFT Up In The Air (cloud stamp)
white card

On this tag I tried using paper for the top layer rather than cardstock. 
I used the solid tag die to cut a white cardstock back and the light blue paper from the Watercolor Wishes pad and the rectangle window tag die to cut the dark blue paper from the same pad.
It ended up being a lighter tag, but it is still sturdy enough and the papers look beautiful together.



Hippo Tag



Ingredients :

Doodlebug Spring Things Paper
MFT Happy Hippos ( for hippo, hat and sentiment)
white and pink card

I really love the banner die! I have wanted one for a long time, I think they look fantastic. 
I curved the sentiment stamp slightly and stamped it onto white card and then used the die to cut it out.  Then I folded the banner along fold lines and glued them down so that it was fairly flat. You could leave it though if you wanted to and then the banner would have more height.


Making these tags has been so much fun!!!

They are a great way to use up all those little bits of card and paper you have saved.
And they're a great way to use those extra stamps you've coloured and then done nothing with too.

When I was making my hippo cards last month I had coloured this hippo and the birds I used on the house tag and cut them out but then decided not to use them.  I actually just put them in the plastic sleeve the stamps come in for safe keeping and they were there ready and waiting to be used :)

I LOVE the Blueprints 5 Tag Builder Die-namics.  It's perfect!

I can't wait to make some more for Christmas presents :)

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!