Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Prehistoric Sun

 

Sorry for the late posting of this but I have been on holidays.

Anyway the challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to make a kid’s card. 

IMG_4965

 

My son is Stepdad to (almost) 5 yr old twin boys and this is for one of them.

I know from experience, that boys (and men) love cards that “do something” and so I decided to make a suspension card.  There is a great tutorial here on splitcoast if you’d like to give one a try.

If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you might remember that I am on the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Design Team?  Well the theme there this month is “Back to Primary” and I have made another suspension card (for the other twin) that can be seen there if you are a member.

 

I coloured the pteranodon with copics and cut him out and used shimmery white for the centre of the sun. I don’t have a sun die, but I used my scallop circle nesties which I think still worked okay.  Then I created the sun’s rays by simply moving a post-it note around the circle and sponging daffodil delight and a little pumpkin pie off the edge of it.  It’s the first time I’ve tried that and I like how it turned out.  There is a little fishing line to suspend the sun and on the back of it is a big red number 5.

 

Ingredients:

Stamps : Dinoroar, up up and away

Card : bashful blue, NQN, shimmery white, red, daffodil, white

Ink : daffodil, pumpkin, stazon

Other : nesties, big shot, fishing line, sponge, post its, simple numbers die

 

The rest of the design team have created some wonderful kid’s cards this week.  Please take a look and enter our challenge.

 

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kathy! Just perfect for a 5yr old and being interactive is even better. l really must try one of these...:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a VERY cool card, Kathy; I am sure the little recipient will be in awe. Hope you had a good (uneventful!) break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome Kathy!!! Love the sunburst effect, love your pterosaur. Love the fact that he twirls!! I had to laugh when you said men like interactive cards - soooooo true!! Hope you had a lovely trip away! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I was wondering if you'd perhaps used your brayer for that effect, but sponging sounds easier. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!