Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

The sky’s the limit

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge.

JAI_CC_#124

I used these colours to make a 21st birthday card for my nephew.

 

IMG_4450

 

I sponged clouds using marina mist and I also sponged some grassy hills using wild wasabi.

I stamped and clear embossed the balloons with espresso onto espresso dsp and cut them out but stamped the baskets onto the card itself. I sponged a little espresso around the edges of the balloons too.

The sentiment comes with the set and I thought it was quite appropriate for a 21st birthday.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : up up and away

Card : espresso, marina mist, wasabi, white, neutral dsp stack

Ink : espresso, versamark, wasabi, marina, crumb cake

Other : clear embossing powder,  espresso taffeta ribbon, oval punch, lots of tags, big shot,  timeless type junior alpha

 

A 21st card for a male is pretty hard to do I think, but I was quite pleased with how this turned out.

I would never have chosen these colours together and that’s why colour challenges are so wonderful. They “make” you try something new.  I hope you’ll take a look at what the rest of the JAI team have created this week and give this combo a try yourself.

 

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Love the elongated card and the scene you have created is just wonderful! Perfect sponging ... Great card! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that sponging looks amazing!!!
    Such a fantastic card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sponged cloudy sky. The colours were perfect for a masculine birthday card and the balloons look fantastic going up the tall card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea and sentiment for a 21st birthday Kathy! Love the detail you've added into the balloons, not to mention the background!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing 21st male card Kathy. I love the "realness" of this scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks stunning! I love the sponging - especially at the bottom.

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card, Kathy! I love how you've embossed in Early Espresso on top of the Early Espresso paper; the sponging adds to the gorgeous vintagey look of the balloons. The challenge colours worked perfectly for this card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. It is one of my favourite stamp sets :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!