Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Suitcase wedding

 

I got asked to make yet another wedding card :o  I have made more of them in the last 2 weeks than I have in my whole life!

Anyway I went looking for some inspiration again and found another great sketch at Mojo Monday to try.

 

I found out that a “theme” at the wedding is suitcases so I decided to create a card incorporating them.

 

IMG_3733

 

I used triangles of saffron dsp to create a sun, as though they are heading off into the sunset together - with their suitcases :)

This card has lots of texture (it looks better IRL) I have embossed crumb cake dsp for the background and embossed along one edge of the banner.  I have faux stitched the sun’s rays and created a little scrunched flower using the boho punch.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : tiny tags, whimsical words, digi suitcases Tiddly Inks

Card : crumb cake, white, neutral dsp stack, subtle dsp stack, windsor knot dsp (ret)

Ink : crumb cake, espresso, memento black

Other : boho blossoms punch, big shot, framed tulips ef, vintage wallpaper ef, linen thread, rhinestone brad, tag punch, nesties, linen thread, mat pack, piercer, white pen, copics, organza ribbon, pearls

 

Wishing them a beautiful wedding today!

 

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Umm...wow! Your coloring on the suitcases looks AMAZING! What a great card! Is is summer there? It sure seems like it with all the weddings going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful wedding card Kathy. I love how you have incorporated their 'suitcase' theme and your colouring of them is lovely. Overcase weather, as it is looking at the moment, is often the best for wedding photos, so I hope they have a lovely day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful! I love the idea of the suitcases for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kathy - this is gorgeous! Love that you've matched the card to the wedding theme, and I love all the layers and embossing on your card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!