Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Whimsical lemon and orange

I've been having fun with my Lavinia Stamps again :)

I always get lost in my own little world while creating with these beauties :)



I did something on this card that I don't think I've ever done before.

I stamped directly onto some patterned paper, rather than building up the background with inks myself.

It kind of felt like a bit of a "cheat"?  But really I don't think it was.

I still did all the stamping and designing and added some extra ink blending to the card.  

But yes, having the background card did make it quicker and I'm a very slow cardmaker so this was a big bonus :)

The patterned paper is by 7 Dots Studio and is called Paint Chips.  It is a really smooth and thick paper, more like smooth cardstock and it worked beautifully for this.

I only used versafine black to stamp the images and some black distress ink to go around the edges and to create the ground the hare and mushrooms are on.

I also used some white paint to splash on some dots and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.

I used Whimsical Hares, Fairy Buttercups, Meadow Mushroom, Willow and Fairy Foragers by Lavinia Stamps.


I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :

Lavinia Stamps - orange and lemon

Ink Art Designs - anything goes

TCP Tuesday - slimline card


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!