Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

New Best Friend Gift

I have something other than a card for Anna's Craft Cupboard to share today.

I made a little post-it note holder and decorated it with the cute girl and kitten from the MFT
New Best Friend set.

They are both so gorgeously cute!
I coloured her to match this very beautiful paper from the Photoplay Vintage Girl - tiny prints collection.
I am really loving these papers and I think they work perfectly with these sweet little girls from My Favorite Things :)






Post-it note holders are great little gifts to give people of any age and for any occasion.

They are very quick and easy to make too!

I cut a piece of black card 7.5" x 3.25"
Scored at 9, 10 and 11 cm.
(Yes. I know!  I mix up the way I measure to make it easier :) )
Fold it in half at the 10cm score line and cut two times to the next score line.  This makes the little pen holder bit.
Put glue between the 9 and 10 cm score lines, missing out the pen holder.
Push forward the pen holder part but glue down the rest.
Glue a post-it note to the inside and you're done :)


Actually the hardest thing about making this holder was trying to find post-its that weren't fluoro!
I looked in so many places and had almost given up when I finally found a pretty pink set which was just the right colour.  You can see it poking out a little in the bottom photo.

The pen was a pretty good match too.  I had bought a set of these small pens in lots of different colours a while ago, just so that I would have one at the ready when I needed to make a little post-it note gift for someone special :)





I don't think anyone could resist this little girl and kitten on this beautiful floral background!
Unless perhaps they have a thing against pink I guess :)

I'd like to enter my project into the following challenges :

Love to Scrap - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes


I hope you can use your stamps to create a gift for someone this week.

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!