Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sitting Jane


I made a card with Sitting Jane by Make it Crafty. Isn't she adorable ?!

sitting jane, make it crafty

I decided to try making a Bokeh background, I have seen them around a lot lately but this was my first attempt. I was happy with the way it turned out - soft and pretty.  I just sponged, pretty in pink, wisteria and pool party inks onto shimmery white card and then used white craft ink to sponge different sized circles over the top.

The beautiful sentiment is from the Make it Crafty Doodle Bye Word Chipboard set. I just painted it with some acrylic paint.

Ingredients :
Stamps : Sitting Jane (MIC)
Card : x-press it, shimmery white
Ink : memento black, pool party, pretty in pink, wisteria, white craft
Other : Doodle Bye Word Chipboard , Fleur de Lis Accents (SB), copics

Copics used :
BG 0000, 000, 00, 02, 09, 72
W 00, 1, 3, 5
R 30
E 000, 00, 21, 50, 53, 55
YR 14

I loved colouring this stamp and my 13 yr old daughter said that if the card didn't have the "bye" on it, she would want it for her birthday card. That means she loves it :)

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. I love this card!!! I love the bokeh you've done and the colours you used for it. I love how the bye stands out and has a shadow. Genius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, this is simply stunning hun (but then so is all your work). Love that pretty little girl, and your background is totally awesomely brilliant! Sigh, so pretty. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! So precious! You are very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply gorgeous!! I love especially love the background colors. You have some really beautiful work. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, and I love the way the use of the Fleur de Lis Accents as a little perch for her to sit on - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting Jane is adorable! Excellent work with the Bokeh effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super cute! I love the image and think my daughter (who is 8) would think it adorable. Great choice!

    I almost didn't realize it said "bye" until you mentioned it. I think my eye stayed with the girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I would want it for a birthday card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE the bokeh effect in photos, and I think it looks fabulous on the card! Plus, the colors used are so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Kathy - I LOVE this background and how you bought the whole card together. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to apply for the new MiC team. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!