Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just French Butterflies

 

I got some very exciting news!

I was asked to be a guest designer for April at Freshly Made Sketches.  I felt so honoured to be invited and I can’t wait to play along with their fabulous designers this month!  :)

Here’s this week’s sketch:

 

I found it to be a tough initiation to the team and ended up flipping it.

 

IMG_3931

 

I stamped En Francais with baja onto vanilla card and then over stamped it with the butterflies from Kindness Matters.  One of these has been coloured with markers, cut out and Popped up.  I added some dazzling diamonds to it as well.  I liked the writing in baja (although I think I pretty much like anything in that colour)!

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Kindness Matters, Just Believe, en Francais

Card : vanilla, suede, mocha morning dsp, ret. dsp

Ink : baja, crumb cake, suede, stazon, daffodil and calypso coral markers

Other : vanilla satin ribbon, dazzling diamonds, window punch, modern label punch, pearls

 

Please take a look at what the Freshly Made Sketches design team have created this week, there is lots to inspire you. 

 

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. I, too, love the look of En Francais stamped in Baja Breeze, Kathy - it looks gorgeous. Love the sponging, the butterflies, and the stunning bow. Congrats on your DT spot - well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy, this is stunning!! I love the Vanilla palette and that bow is gorgeous! Glad to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you've joined us this month! Your card is so elegant! Love the soft look - and that fabulous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Kathy, love the En Francais background in Baja too! The butterfly looks lovely in those colours...happy to have you with us for the next month Kathy! What a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kathy! love the soft colours. Congrats and Hugs on your well deserved DT pick.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant Kathy! I love the colouring of your butterflies and the colours you've chosen are gorgeous. Have fun GD-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the team Kathy, so glad to have you with us.
    I love this debut card of yours, the colour palette is so soft and serene, your beautifully positioned butterflies are a standout and of course that big beautiful bow creates such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you rose to our "tough initiation" just fine Kathy! The paper is so pretty and the butterflies are gorgeous. And as someone who is perpetually in pursuit of a well-tied bow I am in awe of your beautiful one. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, super pretty!! i love what you've done with the sketch! congrats on being guest designer!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Kathy. I love the sketch flipped...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and elegant. Love the soft colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card! I love the center butterfly! The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!