Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Violins

At JAI this week the challenge is to make a Christmas card using a non-traditional Christmas set.  The design team have come up with a lot of wonderful ideas so please take a look and why not try this challenge yourself.

IMG_2941

I wanted to make a unique Christmas card for my daughters’ violin teacher.  Unfortunately Stampin Up don’t have a violin stamp so I went looking and found this one.  It looks a lot like both of my girls, who have long hair and freckles so I just had to use it. Unfortunately though, because I turned the small one to face her big sister it has made her left handed (which she isn’t) but the card just worked better that way.

Ingredients :
Stamps : Four the holidays, (The Greeting Farm digi) Chibi Violin
Card : real red, shimmery white, vellum cardstock
Ink : stazon
Other : blender pen, aquapainter, watercolour crayons, square punch, mini library clip, dazzling diamonds

I Googled the sheet music for ‘We wish you a merry Christmas’ and printed it on to vellum card.  This is on top of a piece of shimmery white. 
The girls are on shimmery white too and I used a variety of watercolour wonder crayons and ink pads with an aquapainter and blender pen to colour them.  I dressed them in red and green to try to make the card look more “Christmassy”. They are cut out and attached with dimensionals to give the card some depth.
I love the shimmery white card stock, it is so great to colour on and looks beautiful too.
I wanted this card to be special.  It’s for an amazing lady who is a wonderful and caring teacher for my girls.
I hope she likes it :)

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Kathy! It turned out very pretty and I just know she will treasure it! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Kathy and even more so because it has been specially personalised for your daughter's violin teacher. A lot of thought went into making this and I am sure it will be very much appreciated by the recipient. Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effort you went to, to create this card for the girls' violin teacher, Kathy. All of the little details are gorgeous. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You went to so much effort for this card Kathy and it shows. Your card is beautiful. Love that you 'turned' one of the girls to face the other. I'm certain the girls' violin teacher will appreciate and love this card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is so cute! Their teacher will LOVE it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy this is a really lovely card, with a personal touch too!
    Love the vallum layer, it creates a lovely soft look to your card.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!