Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Black magic with a twist

I thought I would try the Black magic with a twist technique on my Apple Blossoms set. 
It’s a very simple technique and a simple card but I like it.
I think it is “fresh” and pretty.  Clean and simple.
I have only tried this technique once before on a birthday card for my daughter. It used a flower from Eastern Blooms and was very pretty too.
Did you know that there is a link on my blog to my splitcoaststampers gallery?  All of my “older” cards are there as well as all the cards I now make and show on my blog.
Maybe I should try using this technique on something that isn’t a flower sometime and see how it looks?  You just need it to be a stamp with some solid area on it so that you can “colour” it in.

Picture 032

Ingredients :
Stamps : Apple Blossoms (level 2 hostess set)
Card : black, whisper white, confetti white, perfect plum, marina mist
Ink : white, black stazon
Other : watercolour pencils, white gel pen, big shot, polka dot, lots of tags, white ribbon, wide oval punch

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you chose! This is a technique I'm yet to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Kathy! I would never have thought to use this technique with that stamp set - looks stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!