Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birthday present card

 

My 9 year old daughter had a birthday party to go to this week and this is the card I made for her friend.

I got inspiration from a card I saw on splitcoaststampers.  I followed the link to her blog and CASED it from here.  She says that she CASED it from someone else too.  To CASE means to, Copy And Share Everything.

It’s okay to copy as long as you acknowledge it and don’t claim it as your own work.  It’s crafting etiquette.

Actually I was looking through the Splitcoast gallery just this week and thought “Hey that’s my card!!”  It was so obviously mine because the only thing the person changed was the stamped saying on it.  It was one of the one sheet wonder cards I made using Awash With Flowers and it was actually the card we made at our last club meeting.  Anyway I clicked on it and she did say she CASED it from me, so I felt fine about it then and honoured that someone liked something of mine enough to copy it!

Anyway, back to the card, it is a pull-up card which is meant to look like a present.

Picture 018

 

When you pull the top it looks like this:

Picture 019

 

Its a cute idea isn’t it!  That’s why I had to CASE it.

 

I had some exciting news today too. I was one of Just Add Ink’s Top Picks this week for their colour challenge!!!  My black magic card made it into the Top 5 and I got a little “badge” from them to put on my blog. 

Just Add Ink is such a great site.  I love playing along with their challenges and I am thrilled to get a compliment from them about one of my cards.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Party Hearty

Card : Always dsp (retired), pumpkin pie, Regal rose, white

Ink : regal rose, pumpkin pie and regal rose markers

Other : scallop circle punch, circle punch, pumpkin ribbon, polka dot folder, big shot, crop a dile, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!