Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Elements of pink

 

This card is for a challenge at Just Add Ink .

It is Pink Ribbon Day very soon (25th October) and the challenge was to create a card which celebrated the feminine, using “pink and bling”.

So this weeks card wasn’t that challenging for me, but I wanted to make it a truly beautiful one.  I also wanted to use a sentiment which could be used for any occasion really, but one you could give to someone who was going  through a tough time and in need of some TLC.

 

Picture 360

 

I used another new set of mine, Elements of Style. I just love the roses in this set!

I watercoloured them with PIP and Rose Red and used River Rock and Old Olive for the leaves.

I also cut out a watercoloured piece using the smallest butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies die.

A new technique I used on this card was to spritz it with Frost White Shimmer Paint. It looks so pretty and with a hint of sparkle, In Real Life, but unfortunately I’m not a good enough photographer to capture it.

I used some of the new sating ribbon (vanilla) on the card too.  I love it and will have to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or maybe more rolls!

Ingredients :

Stamps : Elements of style, Thoughts and Prayers

Ink : stazon, PIP, rose red, old olive, river rock

Card : very vanilla, river rock, pink pirouette

Other : Pearls, frost white shimmer paint, beautiful butterflies, big shot, polka dot e.f., aquapainter, vanilla satin ribbon, daubers

7 comments:

  1. That is so pretty Kathy, great job on the challenge! It is pink, girly and blingy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly stamped with those gorgeous roses! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card Kathy. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Kathy. What a great idea to use River Rock as one of the leaf colours; looks fantastic (I need to step outside my comfort zone of old favourites!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kathy! Gorgeous colouring and I love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Elements of Style and I adore how you have used it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I especially adore your butterfly. . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!