Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Because I care

 

Well sorry for the long break between blog posts.  I have had computer problems, sick kids and now I’ve got it too. 

I did manage to make a card yesterday, but it took me at least twice as long to make as it usually would. It’s a slow process when you’re blowing your nose every couple of minutes!!!!

Anyway, I am very happy with the result.  It is a card for my daughter’s violin teacher, just to say thank you for all the effort she puts in.  Just letting her know we appreciate her kindness and generosity. 

At Just Add Ink this week there was a just add blue challenge to raise awareness about anxiety and depression.  It was a great challenge to be involved with.

I used the new Level 1 hostess set Because I Care.  I had used the words in it before but not the actual flower. When I saw the challenge was to use blue I thought of it immediately.  I love blue hydrangeas (sp?) and I love how it turned out.

My daughter’s violin teacher is a keen gardener and of course with the music background, it is a card made just for her.

 

Picture 001

 

It’s a bit hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped the flower onto vellum cardstock using stazon and then I turned it over and used a stylus to give the petals dimension by rubbing on them to “push them out”.

Then I used baja blue, not quite navy and old olive markers  to colour in the flower from the back.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Because I Care, Music Notes wheel

Card : Not quite navy, vellum card, crumb cake (kraft)

Ink : stazon, NQN, crumb cake (daubered),NQN,Baja blue,old olive markers

Other : neutrals brads, large oval punch, cropadile, kraft taffeta ribbon

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is REALLY beautiful, Kathy! I am sure your daughter's violin teacher will be blown away when you give this to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! LOVE what you did with the hydrangia! Your card is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so beautiful! I love the music in the background! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink and supporting Anxiety and Depression Awareness Month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very lovely card and one that the music teacher is sure to treasure being especially handmade just for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Kathy. I can see that music wheel is creeping up to the top of my wish list after seeing such a gorgeous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! saw it on SCS and Fav'd it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!