Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Crayon resist dragonflies

 

This is a card using another new set for me, Nature’s Nest.

You must be thinking “wow she spends a lot of money on stamp sets”.  Which is probably true, but, I also ask my family to buy me stamps for my birthday, mother’s day, christmas, whatever occasion I can think of basically. (haha)

My birthday is in September, right at new catalogue time, so guess what I got?  Lots of great new Stampin’ Up! “stuff”.  My 9 year old daughter chose this one.  She just loves this set, but because I got so many new sets at the same time, I hadn’t used it yet.

So I went on to Just Add Ink for some inspiration.  They have some great tutorials on there and I thought that the one for crayon resist might work well with this set and had to give it a try.

Picture 011

 

I kept it very plain because I wanted a male card for my nephew.  But it could have been “prettied” up.

When I had finished the dragonfly piece I sprayed it with shimmer mist, which gave it a nice glittery effect.  I tried photographing it in my craft room this time, because the shimmer is more noticeable in there, but I still couldn’t capture it unfortunately.

At our last stamp club I showed them how to use the shimmer spray and I was disappointed because we couldn’t see it very much.  It depends on the light and the dining room (where we have our club meetings) must just be too sunny or something.  My craft room is the place, but there is no way I could have sent them in there to get a better look ...… WAY TOO MESSY!

I don’t have time to be creative AND neat!

 

Ingredients :

Stamps:  Nature’s Nest, Heard from the Heart

Card : confetti white, whisper white, black

Ink :  Stazon, bashful blue, baja blue, certainly celery

Other :  white crayon, sponges, white shimmer spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!