Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Birgitta Rings a Bell

I have another Christmas card to share using some new release goodies from CC Designs.

This one is called Birgitta Rings a Bell and she's just so pretty!



I used the new Angel Background stamp again too with something I'd had in my crafting stash for so long I'd pretty much forgotten it existed and what I'd bought it for  :)
Interference Gold Pearl-Ex !

I used veramark to stamp with and then sprinkled the Pearl-Ex on top.  I then sprayed it with hairspray to seal it.  I had used that technique before, but it was so, so long ago!  What I hadn't done before was to make a kind of paint with it and Gum Arabic.  I used that to paint the bell and the stars on her halo and the wings and on the "Merry Christmas" too.

In one light the card looks as it does in the first photo and then if you just tilt the card slightly, the gold really shines brightly.  It really is beautiful!  I tried to capture it in the photos, I haven't quite, but it is such an interesting effect.




Ingredients :
Stamps : Birgitta Rings a Bell, Angel background
Card : x-press it, suede, pink pirouette, baked sugar
Ink : memento black, versafine
Other : Make a card #10 Christmas die, Make a card #9 autumn die, merry christmas enamel dots, gum arabic, Pearl-Ex interference gold, copics

Copics Used :
R 20, 30, 81, 83
E 000, 00, 21, 50, 53, 55
W 00, 1
BG 0000, 000, 01

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :

7 Kids College Fund : Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Clean and Simple Christmas


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy



4 comments:

  1. Kathy, she is just as adorable, as well your card!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! She is such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Kathy, a lovely design with a fabulous stam[ed background............your pretty image is just delightful and super sentiment die!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! Great coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!