Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Mystical Challenge


I have some exciting news to share ! :)
I am now on the Design Team at Mystical Scrapbooks!!!

I used to scrapbook many years ago but then my love of cardmaking took over.
My youngest daughter doesn't even have an album and is always asking where her photos are and why she doesn't have a book too :(
I have really wanted to get back into scrapping for her AND for me.
So I made a New Years Resolution that I was going to DO IT!
And I HAVE :)
Being on the fabulous team at Mystical Scrapbooks is really going to help me achieve my goals.

So this is my first page after taking a very long scrapbooking break :)

It was my turn to create a challenge for the Mystical Scrapbooks blog and I decided to make it about journalling.
The challenge is to make a kind of journalling border around your photos.
It can be any kind of journalling.  I decided to just write the Who and Where and then I looked in a Thesaurus for synonyms for Explore, which is my title.

I hope you'll make a page and join in with our challenge too.




I used Core'dinations Essentials cardstock and tore a strip of it to resemble (loosely :) ) rocks. I also distressed the matt around the photos.  Then I used another matt that I did the journalling around.

The gorgeous paper is Basic Grey - Olivia and I also used some Kaisercraft Pearls - Snow.
I made the title using Thickers - Hello Amy.  I love this alphabet!  The fabric adds a lot of texture and I love the stitched look and the font is so fun!

So I've made a start! I hope you'll join me on my journey and we can experiment and learn together :)

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!