Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Still Warm

 

This week at still addINKtive we have a great sketch and colour challenge.

You don’t have to combine the two challenges, you can take your pick, but I decided to use both.

 

IMG_5807

 

Yes, I used my By the Seashore set again.  I have really enjoyed playing with it but I’ll give it a little rest now :)  We have had our hottest summer ever recorded in Tasmania this year.  We are now into Autumn and yet we are still getting temperatures in the 30’s which is very strange weather for us Hobartians!  A sign of global warming unfortunately. Anyway it still feels summery here and I thought I would make a beachy card.

I sponged some crumb cake at the bottom and some pool party and indigo at the top and sponged a little on the squares too.  I also used the splat stamp from French Foliage in crumb cake and added some pearls too to kind of make a shoreline.

I used naturals ivory card for the base and embossed it with the Delicate Designs folder.  I liked the added texture this gave the card and it reminded me of sand at the beach when it’s raining or when droplets of water make little indentations in it.  Although I’ve never seen rain leave as pretty a pattern as this I must admit :)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : By the Seashore, Cheer and wishes (ret.)

Card : naturals ivory, white, crumb cake, first edition dsp

Ink : crumb cake, stazon, pool party, indigo, cherry

Other : big shot, delicate designs ef, pearls, square punch, decorative label punch

 

Please take a look at the wonderful creations at still addINKtive and we’d love it if you’d play along with us too.

 

kathy

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy! The top panel looks exactly like a beach. So awesomely creative as always! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create the most amazing cards! Really and truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite card, Kathy! Absolutely stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous to read about your summer when we still have snow here! So liking all the elements you used in your card, especially the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the softness of you card Kathy, very elegant design.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!