Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

By The Midnight Shore


This week at still addINKtive we are showcasing two stamp sets :  By The Seashore and By The Tide.
I also found a great sketch to inspire me at Pals Paper Arts this week. I love square sketches!

PPA153w-frame

By The Seashore is my newest set and I absolutely love it!   There are just so many different ways of using it and so many different stamping techniques to try with it too.  It’s the kind of set I really enjoy playing with, although with all the endless possibilities it was hard for me to actually complete a card. I had all these stamping experiments strewn all over my desk and I had to make myself stop and just finish something.


IMG_5852


The blue shell was one of those experiments that didn’t turn out how I intended but I was really happy with the result.  There were some beautiful cards on Splitcoast last week using a technique I hadn’t seen before.  They had used crumb cake, painted white craft ink over the image and then coloured over the top with markers once dry.  I thought I would try it on that shell but I had forgotten that they white embossed their image first.  I stamped in midnight muse and started painted the white ink over it with my aqua painter, well obviously the blue just started running into the white! (Duh!!)  But I realised it looked really effective anyway so I kept going with it.  So anyway I made a new discovery, watercolouring with white ink!  I’m not sure how useful that discovery will be, but at least it works on shells :)


Ingredients :
Stamps : By The Seashore. Vintage Verses
Card : crumb cake. white, print poetry dsp stack
Ink : midnight muse, white, crumb cake
Other : mat pack, gel pen, aquapainter :)


Please take a look at what the rest of the design team have created.  If you have one of these sets I hope you’ll make a new card with it or show us some that you’ve made previously.  Oh and if you don’t own By The Seashore – you definitely should! :)


Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Kathy! That shell caught my eye first thing. I love it! It's always great when a mistake turns into something even better than what you had planned. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous card and I love your "mistake". The distressing and stitching are the perfect touches. The Print Poetry DSP is perfect for this card! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card! And I think you have developed a great new technique! I love the By The Seashore set. NOW you've done it! You made me have to have it!! If I wasn't a demo myself I would have gotten from you - just from your card.
    Happy Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors and the details. Very professional. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Kathy! I love this technique. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card you have here. No one would have known about your "new technique" if you hadn't told us!!!! smile. I like the dark blue and the kraft colors together a lot. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean by trying different techniques Kathy. I did the same thing this week with the same results. Love you card and that shell looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that this new look is really effective. I like how you stamped on the Crumb Cake with the Midnight Muse. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the techniques used on this card and that gorgeous DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kathy, this is divine! The colours & DSP are gorgeous & I love the cluster of shells, especially your beautiful nautilus. Thanks for sharing your experimental discovery - it's a great technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Stamping experiments" - I love that! I have lots of those too :)
    I don't think I ever noticed the technique on SCS that you were aiming for so I have nothing to compare it to but I really, really like what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really beautiful use of this stamp set. congrats on being a PPA Pick!
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!