Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Starry wishes

I have a scary week this week; going back to work AND 2 male birthday cards to make!!!
I found a great sketch challenge though at Inkspirations which helped me out a lot. (With the male birthday card that is, they were no help at all with the problem of having to go back to work!)

IMG_0857

My youngest daughter is going to a friends birthday party on Wednesday and he is turning 6.  So I decided to try something colourful. I used the Brights family but subbed Concord Crush for Tangerine Tango, and matted these squares onto white and then night of navy.  I sponged the moon with sahara sand and basic grey and used my cropadile to put a few “craters” on it too! The moon, rocket and flame are in shimmery white (nice and sparkly!)

Ingredients :
Stamps :  Pun Fun, short and sweet, extreme elements
Card :  confetti white, shimmery white, real red, night of navy, concord crush,razzleberry,pumpkin,daffodil,melon mambo,olive,pacificpoint,turquoise
Ink :  versamark, stazon, olive, turquoise, daffodil, pumpkin, basic grey, sahara sand
Other :  square punch, circle punch, white embossing powder, aquapainters, cropadile, dimensionals

You can’t tell from the photo, but I have put some dimensionals under some parts of the “flame” and have bent it up and down, which looks better than it just being straight (which is how it looks in the photo).

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant Kathy! Love your rocket heading to the moon. This is such an awesome boys card & you have executed it perfectly. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card ! Love the stars !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The moon is so very perfect - it looks so perfectly shaded & cratered...and I love the rainbow of colours, and the whole layout. Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card, love the bright colours, the stars and def the rocket with the sentiment trailing behind. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this over on Share the Mojo - what a fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo loving all the wonderful original ideas for this sketch! If only I could find the time to join in the fun. With a "wry" neck ... I am quite restricted! This is fantastic, Kathy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how FUN!! Love the embossed stars in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesomeness on a square. I love, love, LOVE this!! Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of the stars on this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice but it sure looks like a lot of work! I think I like the embossed resist starry background better. I guess the different colors "swirling" around on it sort give it a "cosmic" feel.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!