Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Storybook Christmas


I had an idea to use my Storybook Friends set to make a cute Christmas card.  So when I saw Jen’s wonderful sketch at Freshly Made Sketches  I thought I would give it a try.




I am also entering my card into the challenge at Addicted to CAS.  It is their first ever challenge and the challenge word is SNOW.


IMG_5428


It does look a bit cuter in real life because I have put dazzling details silver on the ground and through the tree branches for some sparkly snow, but you can’t see it sparkling much in the photo :(
I used pool party to make a cloudy sky background (I’m thinking I might write to SU everyday til the new catty begging them not to retire this colour!) And used copics to colour the cute animals.

This would actually be a very funny card to send to the Tasmanian Fox Task Force!  Only Tasmanian’s are going to appreciate that though :)

(For anyone interested, we don’t have foxes in Tasmania.  But after apparent sightings, a Taskforce was set up to find and eradicate them.  (Which is a good thing because they would kill all our native marsupial animals). But it was started in 2002, costs millions of dollars a year and they have not captured even one fox in all that time!) Maybe they’re just too clever :)


Ingredients :
Stamps : Storybook friends, lovely as a tree, teeny tiny sentiments
Card : pool party, white, dsp (ret.)
Ink : memento black, stazon, crumb cake, pool party
Other : copics, big shot, polka dot ef, ribbon (ret.), dazzling details


Kathy

11 comments:

  1. What a great card Kathy, I love these lil storybook critters,and I love this fabulous scene ... an awesome job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Kathy - those little characters are gorgeous. Love it.

    Had no idea about the Taskforce down your way - bit embarrassing that they've never caught any after all these years and all that money. We do have them up here in the ACT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Very cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, you think they would have caught one!!! LOL. Love your sparkly snow, Kathy and you have created a gorgeous scene! Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is sooo cute, Kathy! Just lovely. Thank you for joining us for our first ATCAS challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is such a great card! I love how you used the stamp sets together. You've created such a wonderful scene. Very clever! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable Kathy! Love how you have put this cute little scene together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Kathy! I love those critters and you color them so perfectly. I love that you shared the fox story too; very interesting! I guess they really are sly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you used the animals on a Christmas card. Very clever! Thanks for playing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!