Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Sunshiny Card

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge.

105 (RR) - Colour Combo (Kim)

 

And this is what I came up with…..

IMG_3532 

I had seen a sketch challenge early last year and had bookmarked it (it was even before the days of “pinning”) hoping to give it a try one day.  I thought it was such a cute sketch!  Well I finally decided to use it with this colour challenge and I love the way it turned out. There is a tutorial by Shannan Teubner here if you’d like to give it a try too.

My daughters had been bugging me for a while to buy the triple treat flower and I finally gave in and got it.  This is my first card using it and they were right, it is very pretty!  I’m sure we’ll all have lots of fun coming up with different colour combos for it.  I decided to white emboss it onto wisteria and pool party cardstock for this challenge.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Triple treat flower, so happy for you

Card : white, pool party, celery, subtle dsp stack, wisteria

Ink : versamark, stazon, crumb cake

Other : white embossing powder, square punch, stripes ef, big shot, designer printed brad, fancy flower punch, 5 petal flower punch, boho punch

 

One of my daughter’s teachers is getting married in a few weeks and I thought I might even give her this card.  It’s kind of an unconventional wedding card but I think it would work.

Please take a look at what the rest of the design team have come up with using these colours and give our challenge a try yourself :)

 

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. Those colors in combination would have made me say blech, but YOU did a phenomenal job. That is a lovely card. All the patterned paper pieces look like sun rays scattered and the stripes embossing make me think of farm rows and your banner is the horizon line. Too cool. Almost like you planned it that way...wink, wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy I really love the rays! And that flower is very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL use of the Triple Treat Flower, Kathy. The whole card is gorgeous; very sunshiney and happy, and a lovely way to tell someone special that you're thrilled for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Kathy.
    I love back ground, I will be casing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have used the DSP to make what looks like rays of sunshine and now with your use of that triple treat flower stamp I am thinking I might need to put it on my wishlist! Have a lovely weekend Kathy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very nice, I like it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is amazing! It's made it to the top of my favourites list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't sure about those colors, but I love your card! What you did with the different designer papers is amazing! Clever as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is totally awesome!! I love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #53 with a link back to your blog on 2-19-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous use of DSP Kathy!and your triple treat flower is equally as gorgeous in those layers of pool party and wisteria.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with the colors. This card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the use of the DSP to create the 'rays' Kathy. I also just got this flower too, but haven't gotten around to using it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sun rays look fantastic Kathy, it's such an eyecatching card..love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!