Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Big and beautiful

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a great sketch challenge from Bronwyn.

JAI 106

 

Here is what I came up with :

 

IMG_3595

 

I decided to try to make a collage for my background and then cut it into three panels to fit the sketch.  I used a few different stamps and colours and I think it worked quite well.

The flower is big and beautiful.  I made it as I’ve made these paper flowers before but this time I used the island floral die, fancy flower punch and the five petal flower punch.  It actually looks better in real life, it kind of looks a bit flat in the photo but it isn’t.  I also decided to see how it would look with different coloured petals.  I used pink pirouette and blushing bride and spritzed it with champagne shimmer mist so it’s actually a bit sparkly.  I really like how it turned out.

I also tried something new with the bow.  It is a double bow with crumpled seam binding.  I found a really great tutorial by Ann Schach here if you’d like to give it a try too.

 

Ingredients:

Stamps : French foliage, nature walk

Card : crumb cake, white, suede, pink pirouette, blushing bride

Ink :  crumb cake, suede, river rock, calypso coral, baja

Other : big shot, island floral die, fancy flower punch, 5 petal flower punch, crumbcake seam binding, antique brad, metallic brads

 

Please take a look at what the rest of the JAI design team created using this sketch as their inspiration and get creative yourself.

 

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Wowzers. That flower is AMAZING! I liked the one you made before, but the new punches really add to the look for sure. Now you have me wanting to try that bow too; it looks great as does the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable love it so delicate and lovely
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful. Made me gasp when I opened your blog. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is an utterly gorgeous card! Love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Kathy! The flower and bow are gorgeous! And thank you so much for the sweet shout out! I'm glad you found the tutorial helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The collage stamping is divine, the colour combo, so pretty and the flower, magnifique! What more can I say except this is an awesome take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Kathy. I love the collage background and the colours you used. And that flower is just stunning!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made a beautiful collage background and an even more beautifully stunning flower! Love your double bow ribbon too, must remember to try that myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card has got to go in my top ten favorites! Lovely, just lovely! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goregous card Kathy. Your big flower is just stunning.
    Best wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kathy - love your soft colours and that beautiful big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, this is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE your collage background and the flower is stunning. I especially love how you have intermingled the petal colours. I think you need to make a tute on how to put this together. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card! this will be on my inspiration blog post today. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...fabulous flower! I found your blog on Kim Score's blog...probably have a tutorial somwhere on how to make one, so I'll go searching...I will be subscribing to your blog updates and maybe you will share a tutorial...??? TFS - a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!