Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Party Time

My daughter had a birthday party last week and these are the invitations I made for her BFF’s.
They are post-it note holders and I simply wrote the party information on the first page of them.  My daughter was convinced that turning 10, “double digits”, was a very important milestone, so I decided to make invitations that were a bit fancy and different.
For this one I used the island floral die to cut through about 1/4 of a post it note pad and then made front and back covers from her favourite stampin up colour – Rich Razzleberry.
IMG_2079

There was 1 boy invited to the party and I thought he might not appreciate the flower so I made this one for him instead.
IMG_2087

I also made these invitations fit the Splitcoast Creative Crew challenge for this month. 
CCREW0811DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM – DSP/Color Focus: Pocketful of Posies designer papers (122354), or the following colors: baja breeze, daffodil delight, early espresso, night of navy, pear pizzazz, poppy parade, rich razzleberry, so saffron, soft suede, whisper white. Choose any 3 of these colors and make a friendship project—remember, sisters can also be friends!

My daughter is very into Harry Potter and we played a few “Potterish” games.  Just thought I’d show you what we did with the owl punch at the party.  I gave the kids scraps of card and dsp and they made their own owls, like Hedwig but more colourful :)  Then we put magnets on the back of them.  I had my eldest daughter draw a cute Harry Potter Hedwig game  (same as pin the tail on the donkey).  She is great at drawing and I am not :)  We put it on the fridge and they had to get their magnet owls in the right spot.  Anyway it was a big hit and they all got to take their owl magnets home at the end of the party.  They all loved them!


IMG_2098crop














Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I love Harry Potter, so I'm really sad that I missed that super fun game. :) That's seriously the cutest thing EVER. My birthday is in December if you'd like to come over be in charge of my party. :)

    Love the invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I just read ALL the HP books! So cute (and so is your daughter!).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!