Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bee black and white

 

This weeks challenge at Just Add Ink is to just use black and white.

Amazingly I have never made a black and white card before. This is what I came up with.

 

IMG_1597

 

Yes, I know, I made another one of those ribbon flowers!  But they are just so beautiful.  I made it with the organza ribbon this time.

I used shimmery white for the card and stamped the elements of style swirl onto vellum with stazon. I attached that to the shimmery white with black brads and stamped the bee from nature walk onto shimmery white and cut him out and used dimensionals for him. (I have no idea why that bee is a he – but he is!)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : elements of style, nature walk

Card : black, shimmery white, vellum

Ink : stazon

Other : black brads, organza ribbon, sticky strip, circle punch, antique brad, big shot, polka dot embossing folder

 

I hope you’ll take a look at what the rest of the design team at Just Add Ink have come up with for this challenge and I’m sure you’ll be inspired to make a black and white card too.

Kathy

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the ribbon flower made with that ribbon. Of course I don't have any, so I will have to add it to my wish list. I love the vellum; it gives a great look to the card. (and for the record, I like this stamp from that set; I just don't like the big flower). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy what a stunning card I just love it and the flower is amazing just found you so now a follower can't believe you have never made a b/w card before it's stunning
    Jackixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! That flower is beautiful--I have seen that tutorial but never tried it---and your little bee is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply stunning Kathy - I just Love that organza flower! Stamping on the vellum was inspired ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right that ribbon flower is beautiful and very elegant, it certainly is the star of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is so beautiful! I wouldn't have thought to add a white flower (black would have come to mind), but it is PERFECT, and so pretty and 'floaty' looking! I'm not sure that I've ever made a black and white card, either; this is a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Kathy! Totally stunning! Love the vellum over the black stamping! Oooh! I am itching to stamp! Might have to try this challenge! (I don't think I have ever done a black and white card, either!) I have missed popping by to visit ... but family issues have been a big distraction over the last few weeks. I am looking forward to scrolling back through your recent posts and checking out your fab inspiration ... but won’t have time to comment on each! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the organza flower and the stamped vellum - gives great dimension. Chantell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this looks fantastic, I love how you stamped on vellum then attached it, I never pull out vellum for a panel, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never get tired of seeing the gorgeous flowers you create. What a neat idea to attach vellum onto your card stock with brads - of course!!! How easy is that and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Kathy and you have inspired me to try stamping on acetate and I so want to take the time to make one of those beautiful ribbon flowers, they go so well with the antique brads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the light elegant look you've achieved with this Kathy! and now I have another flower to try!!How gorgeous does it look in that organza ribbon. Love the bee too :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done Kathy, your organza flower is so lovely and the 3D look of your bee is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Love all the pretty elements you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! Love all the different design elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another stunning flower! A very elegant card Kathy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Kathy...I love the floating background on the acetate! SO pretty!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!