Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Mae

I got the chance to play with one of the brand new images from Mo's Digital Pencil this week :)

This is Mae. She's super cute and cheeky too.

I decided to make a page with her for my art journal and I had a lot of fun doing it :)






I want to make pages for my art journal which use quotes or sentiments that speak to me and this quote jumped into my mind as soon as I saw Mae.  I was debating whether to also write where the quote was from on my page but I decided against it.  I'm not going to tell because I'd love to see how many people actually know who said it. Please leave me a message if you do :)

So I coloured her with copics and fussy cut her out. Then I had to find some butterfly wings. I spent sooo long searching through stamps, dies, papers, etc and I thought I had so many butterfly things but nothing seemed right until I found this one in an old calendar I had saved. I think it works perfectly with her :)

I cut some black card to fit my journal page and used tape around the sides to create a black border.  Then I blended different blue and green distress oxide inks onto the card and used the same inks with a butterfly stencil over the top.  I added some circular stamps, flicked on some white gesso, added some washi tape and stickers the sentiment and of course Mae.  I used a white pen to draw a border and glued it onto the journal page.

I loved creating this page! It was a lot of fun :)


Copics used :

E 000, 00, 21

W 1, 3, 5, 7

R 22, 30

RV 52, 53, 63

B 93, 95

BG 72


I'd like to enter my page into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - anything goes

Dragonfly dreams challenge - outdoors

We love to create - mixed media

We love Stamping - anything goes

Allsorts challenge - anything stamped

Gem of a Challenge - anything goes


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Clever and creative!! I know, but won't tell :-) This is a fantastic journal page. Thank you for sharing it and joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CUTE image and sentiment combo, it surely put a smile on my face and how true LOL!! The page is adorable and beautifully done! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and cute card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!