Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Wish Big

 I have a card to share today using some new goodies I was lucky enough to receive for Christmas.

I had a lovely time playing  with a new stencil from TCW called Fantasy Tile, my new Distress Oxides and a gorgeous Lavinia stamp called Fairytale. 




I used Raspberry, Pumpkin, Lemonade, Citron and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxides through the stencil in a kind of rainbow pattern on white paper.  But it looked a bit "much" to me :)  So I decided to lightly go over it with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide and then I loved it. :)

I stamped the beautiful fairy stamp over the top and used the Bold ABC die from Whimsy Stamps for the word Big and "wish" was made with some rub on letters onto white card.  

The urge to colour or glitter her wings was very strong but I resisted the temptation because I loved the look of the plain black silhouette against the stencilled background.


I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

TCP Tuesday challenge - Spring

We love Chocolate Baroque - feminine

Stamping Sensations - favourite stamps

Ink Art Designs - anything goes

Simon Says Stamps - make your own background


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. Adorable card, love how you used the stencil as background for the lovely fairy (I own her too, love this stamp so much!)and the idea to tone down with speckled eggs has been brilliant. The BIG word on the bottom of the fairy is another brilliant detail and well done for don't add sparkling, the wings are just perfect as they are!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the backgroud and the stamps you used. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pretty stencilling makes a lovely backdrop for the sweet Lavinia Fairy, thank you so much for sharing and joining in our 'Feminine' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and magical card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge,
    welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!