Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Floral Birds


I have a card to share for Anna's Craft Cupboard today.

I used a stamp set from the American Crafts, Vicki Boutin All the Good Things collection called Floral Birds.

It has these beautiful butterflies and pretty flowers, plus some other goodies I'll use another time.
I loved colouring them!





I used Copics to colour and I took my inspiration from this gorgeous paper in the 7 Dots Paint Chip collection. 
I added a few drops of Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew to the flower petals to try to mimic dew drops.  
I also added some accents to the large butterfly with a white gel pen.

The set also comes with some dies, which I used for the flowers. 
I cut the butterflies out myself, which was easy enough to do.




I used a white card base and cut the 7 Dots paper the same size. Then I lightly distressed the edge of it before adhering.
The paper is thick and card-like and it left a nice white edge after distressing which I liked.

I used the MFT Bold Stripes Cover Up Die over the top of the paper.  This is such a versatile die and looks great with these flowers and butterflies!

I stamped a sentiment from the MFT New Best Friend set onto one of the stripes of the diecut.
The stamp actually says "Pets make life sweeter" but I masked off the first word to change the sentiment :)

The "YOU" is from the MFT Love You die.  
I cut it out of black card and trimmed around the YOU to fit in between the stripes of the cover up die.  Then I cut it out again, this time from white card.  I inlaid the white letters into the negative space and glued it all down.




I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

Fashionable stamping challenge : One for the girls

I hope you find some time to be creative this week and thanks for stopping by :)

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful floral creation for our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations and such very striking colours, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Kathy. I like how you've added dimension by layering the flowers, they look great. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Those flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! The flowers seem to pop off the card front with realism. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!