Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Our Story

I have another My Favorite Things card to share for Anna's Craft Cupboard today :)

It's an older set called Our Story.
I've wanted it for a very long time because it's super cute and I love all the different little elements in it to make an inside scene.  As well as the lamp and table I used in this card there is also a ceiling light, book shelf, vase of flowers, pile of books, cup, cat and boy.
It is also full of punny sentiments which are great :)

I also love that it's book themed because I love to give books or bookshop gift cards for birthdays and christmas.






I coloured the stamps with Copics but I also did a little bit of paper piecing again.
This time it was much easier though :)

I used the Vintage Girl - Tiny Prints Collection Pack by Photoplay again to help create a lounge room.  I just cut a strip of the green paper for "carpet" and after glueing it down I cut a thin strip from white card and attached it over the edge for the skirting board.

The lounge chair is also paper pieced.  After colouring the girl, I cut her out, close to the line and then stamped again onto the pink paper and also cut the chair out close to the line.  I then glued the girl onto the chair but attached the chair to the background piece with x-press it foam mounting squares to give it more dimension.

This set is a lot fun to play with and it has just so many possibilities!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

Love to Scrap - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes with sentiment
The Cat's Pajamas - make a scene


Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy











4 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is such a cute little scene...so beautifully colored! Thanks for joining us at TCPTuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet - it makes me smile. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, love the scene! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
    Sherry x - DT for Love To Scrap

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!