Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Up in the Air Dog


I’m back to share another MFT card for Anna's Craft Cupboard

I’ve used the Up In The Air set again but this time I have the dog in the balloon J
And I have used the same sunrays (AKA Sunburst or Starburst) technique as I used on my last card but with a few differences.






This time I chose a focal point that’s towards the centre of the card and the rays radiate all around it.

So I cut the paper into 4”x 1” rectangles this time and then cut them into triangles. So they are smaller, but I needed more of them.
There are 24 triangles on my card.

I inked around the edges of them with Antique Linen Distress Ink and glued the triangles onto a brown cardstock this time.  This was cut to 4 1/8” x 6” and I used a Kaisercraft C6 White Card for the base.

All papers are from the Bloom and Grow collection by Simple Stories.  And they are SO beautiful!

I decided to put the balloon and dog on a tag in the centre of the rays.

I stamped onto white card and coloured just the basket and cut the entire image out.  Then I stamped the balloon part of the stamp again onto patterned paper and cut it out and glued it on top. 

Paper piecing the balloon like this made it much quicker and easier than colouring it.  I could have also cut out each balloon segment in a different colour but I just thought that might be a bit too much on this card. 

I glued it to the tag and then adhered the dog on top. And because I was putting this onto a white base, I didn’t have to bother with the trickier cutting of the balloon that I did on my previous card.

I lightly sponged around the tag with the distress ink and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment which is also from the Up In The Air set.

I hope you’ve liked seeing this technique and that you’ll give it a try too.

Kathy




1 comment:

I love comments!