Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Layla Kisses

We're reviewing the new Roberto's stamps on the CC Designs Blog today.
And I love this image called Kisses so much that I decided to use it again :)

It just looks so much like my Granddaughter Layla and my cat Indie that I thought I might colour it again and put it in a shadowbox frame for her.  I think it will make a lovely Christmas decoration for her room.  She could bring it out each year and perhaps add things to it too by placing little ornaments she makes, photos or wish lists inside.

cc designs, roberto's, Kisses, mini alpha and numbers die

I decided to use the CC Designs Mini Alpha and Numbers Die to add her name to the image and it looks pretty cute, I'm lucky she has such a symmetrical name :)
The bells and Christmas tree are just store bought decorations but I wanted to put something else handmade by me inside.  So I also diecut some stars from felt and used some metallic gold embroidery thread to sew a little padded star.  I'm not the best needlewoman but it looks pretty and hopefully she'll know it was made by her Grandma with lots of love :)

It's wonderful to be able to use stamps to make beautiful handmade gifts as well as cards isn't it? :)

Ingredients :
Stamps : Kisses
Card : x-press it, brushed gold
Ink ; memento black
Other : Mini alpha and numbers die, star die, copics

Copics used :
YG 0000, 03, 11, 13, 95
E 000, 00, 21, 50, 53, 55
R 24, 29, 30, 81, 83
W 00, 1, 3
BG 0000, 72
BV 0000
RV 0000, 63

Please take a look at the CC Designs blog to see some wonderful inspiration by the Design Team.

There is a Design Team Call at CC Designs at the moment. It's a great company, with gorgeous products and wonderful people to work with.  I really hope I get the chance to continue creating there!
I've got everything crossed!  
Wish me luck and thanks for dropping by today ;)

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and adorable! You've colored the image, Kathy, really beautiful as well! Love it!


    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,what an adorable creation,which your granddaughter will make so happy! You create your card with so much phantasy,that everybodymust feel in love with it! Thank you very much for this cute inspiration with this lovely image,so great,
    hugs die waldfee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Kathy! I know she will treasure it for years to come. Good luck on the design team. They would be blessed to have you and your terrific coloring skills. :) You make their images SHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet shadowbox. love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious gift for your granddaughter! It's so cute and I love that she can add to it over the years or keep it just the way you made it for her. I'm sure she'll treasure it because it's from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, and so delicate. How could any girl not love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how cute :-D I love shadowboxes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!!! I've always wanted to experiment with Copics!!!! My daughter had to get some for art school & I was jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so clever!!! What a fantastic idea!! It's giving me all sorts of ideas for some old frames I have sitting around!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!