I have something a little bit different to show you today.
I have been loving using the Whimsy Stamps Crown Die on my cards but it occurred to me that it would also make a wonderful brooch.
My youngest daughter's birthday is a bit over a month away and I thought a crown brooch with the guests names on them might be a wonderful little gift for the girls to take home in their goody bags.
This one was a trial run. I actually used my daughter's name (because we won't work out the guest list until closer to the date) and I know she'll definitely want one too of course :)
So here's what I did :
- Used computer to print name onto cardstock.
- Aligned and stamped crown from Fairy Tale Dreams.
- Cut out crown using Crown Die.
- Cut out 4 more crowns from same cardstock.
- Used crystal effects (or Glossy accents) to "glue" crowns together. I completely covered a crown with it and placed another on top. I actually had 2 stacks of 2. I let them dry and then glued these stacks together plus glued the top one on and let it all dry. Then put the jewels on and put crystal effects all over the top and on the sides too. Wait for it to dry. Turn over and cover the back with crystal effects and placed brooch back on it (adding a little more CE if needed). And again wait for it to dry and the brooch is done :)
- Cut cardstock and stamped sentiment from Everyday Moments. Added lines to top and bottom using ruler and black journaling pen.
- Punched 2 holes in card to attach brooch.
I think for the "real thing" I will print on the back :
Thanks for sharing my birthday with me.
And then get my daughter to write her name underneath.
These would also make wonderful magnets, made in exactly the same way.
And the die would be great to make place cards for a party, party bag decorations, to decorate little notebooks as a party favour....
So many possibilities!
Thanks for dropping by for a look today.
Hopefully I've given you some ideas of other ways to use this fantastic die :)