Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding Invitations

 

All the invitations have now been delivered!  Yay!  So I thought I would post a picture of one here on my blog to show you what I’ve been working on.

IMG_6036

 

My son and his fiance chose river rock, white and black for their colour combo and they did look very stylish.

The white part is embossed with the stripe embossing folder, it’s a bit hard to see that in the photo but it looked very effective.  And that whole piece is a band to keep the card closed and you slip it off the card to open it. 

I was going to emboss the initials with black embossing powder but I had a lot of trouble with “stray” flecks of black.  It would have taken an eternity to get them all perfect.  So instead I stamped with stazon and clear embossed that. You can see it shining a little in the photo.  It was probably not quite as eye-catching as black embossing, but still looked nice. It was a compromise that saved my sanity :)

They were both very happy with the invites and have said that they’ve received lots of lovely “WOW” comments about them.  :)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Lovely Letters

Card : river rock, black, white

Ink : stazon, river rock

Other : big shot, vintage wallpaper ef, stripe ef, labels collection framelits, rhinestones, clear embossing powder

 

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Classic and very impressive. Bet you're glad they are all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous Kathy and I understand the stress and effort that goes in to making multiple wedding invitations. I am sure they got lots of WOWs with your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your invitations are beautiful! I am not surprised that they received lots of "Wow".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Kathy - very elegant. You probably don't ever want to hear the term "wedding invitations" again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!