Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Roar No More

 

I have wanted to make this card ever since I got my Two by Two and Dinoroar sets with the new catalogue last year.

I have been thinking about it again recently because both of these sets are on the retiring list :(  I have used them a lot but I still hadn’t attempted this card idea of mine.

The Paper Players have a clean and simple masculine challenge this week and when I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches I thought it was the perfect time to give it a try.

 

IMG_6279

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Dinoroar, Two by two, Distressed dots

Card : pool party, white, lucky limeade

Ink : memento black, white, pool party

Other : copics, big shot, chevron ef, mds (sentiment)

 

It is not my own original idea, but my “take” on a funny Hallmark card I had seen a long time ago. I wanted to see if I could take inspiration from it but create my own Stampin Up version.

The original -

Noah's ark and the dinosaurs

Kathy

17 comments:

  1. LOL LOVE it. Thanks for the laugh today my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this is hilarious! What a great idea. Your coloring is amazing and I ADORE the use of the chevron folder for waves. What a fantastic way to highlight these retiring products! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny and so fabulous!! Love, love it!! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    This is brilliant!! I love that you posted your inspiration, too, because I remember seeing that cartoon for the first time. It's rare that I go through my blogs and actually laugh out loud, but your card is so FUNNY and so WELL EXECUTED that it is one of my new favorites!!! I love the way you used the chevron for the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaaaay too cute and oh so clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious and adorable! Your colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny card! How convenient you had both these stamp sets. Your coloring is amazing, too. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this card, so clean and fresh, AND Funny! Doesn't matter that the joke is recycled, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Too funny! Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO FUNNY! What a creative take on that original "store bought" card! Love your coloring and the chevron sea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love all of that colouring! Never would have thought to pair those two images up!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever and adorable! I love your unique take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is totally fabulous and totally clever Kathy! LOVE everything about it - especially your colouring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, Kathy. Love the humour and your gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!