Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blushing Hippo

This is my final card for this months Creative Crew challenge.
CCREW0711DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- DSP/Color Focus: Show us what you can do with the In Colors! You can use other colors, but In Colors should be the main focus of your project.

IMG_1917


This is another Triangle Tri-fold card but this time I used the cute hippo from Pun Fun.  I used dazzling diamonds on the hippo’s bow and balloon and paper pieced her using blushing bride and pear pizzazz card stock.


Ingredients :
Stamps : Pun Fun
Card : pear pizzazz, blushing bride, white, in colour dsp stack
Ink : stazon, pip, old olive
Other : rhinestones, white taffeta ribbon, dazzling diamonds, 2 way glue, scallop trim border punch, big shot, polka dot embossing folder


Unfortunately I must have knocked the little rhinestone when I took the photo and hadn’t realised, so the card looks a bit “off”.  I did fix it before giving it to one of my daughter’s friends for her birthday though and she thought it was very cute!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Your little pink hippo is adorable Kathy. Love that you've gone for a tri-fold card as that ribbon and lovely bow are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy just popping in to say Thank you for my Happy Mail. I love this sort of mail. hehe.
    Love your hippo card to, so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Any little (or big!) girl would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Kathy, love how you have made him/her blush!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!