Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

A forest friend Christmas


I decided to make a Christmas card using an unconventional set for a change, Forest Friends.
Yes, it’s another reindeer card …… but a cute one this time!
I have also chosen unconventional Christmas colours, but I love using pinks and browns with this set.
I used this weeks sketch challenge from Just Add Ink for inspiration. It’s a great sketch but I have changed mine slightly to “make it work” with the vision I had for it. 

Picture 088

Ingredients :
Stamps : Forest Friends, Heard from the heart, Confetti
Card : choc chip, pink pirouette, pip, white
Ink : choc chip, pip, soft suede, real red marker
Other : choc chip ribbon (retired), buttons (retired), heart to heart punch, scallop trim border punch
I punched out pink pirouette hearts and just glued them to the background piece (which gives it an embossed look) and simply used a marker to make him look more like Rudolph.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the cluster of buttons in the corner. I hope I get to make a Chrissie card with this stamp before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and brown are such a great combo for this set, I agree. I love your twist on this Christmas card, so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cute little rudolph! Thanks for the idea! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how it's Christmassy but not at the same time. Hmmm, that's a weird compliment! I hope you know what I mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!