Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Faux tin ceiling skaters

Last Saturday I met with one of my clubs and we made a little Christmas door hanger treat box.  I decided to get all my Christmas stamps out for them to use, so that they could choose whatever they liked to decorate their boxes. I wish I had thought to take a photo of them because they were all beautiful. Anyway, quite a few chose the skaters stamp from the Winter Post set. I was surprised! I had never inked it up, it just seemed too “un-Australian” to me.  But it looked so beautiful, I decided that I was going to make a card with it this year.  So thank you club members for inspiring me.

Then this morning I got more inspiration from Just Add Ink and their challenge to make a Christmas card.  At the start of their post they mention how we still like to incorporate flourishes, sparkles and snowflakes on our Christmas cards even though it’s so hot here. Although in Tassie it isn’t that hot (which I am very glad about actually!)

So that skater stamp was calling out to me yet again to be used this Christmas.

Picture 058



The third piece of inspiration for this card was from seeing a tutorial on Faux Tin Metal Ceiling technique by Dianna Gibbs. I have wanted to try it for a long time and I thought it might go nicely as a background for the skaters.  Her blog is called Stampin’ with Di and it is one of my favourites, she is so talented and has some wonderful tutorials on there too.  If you’d like to try this technique here is a link to the tutorial that inspired me so much.



Ingredients :
Stamps : Winter Post
Card : black, whisper white, confetti white, bashful blue, sahara sand
Ink : stazon, bashful blue, versamark
Other : frost white shimmer paint, big shot, silver embossing powder, heat gun, rhinestones, blender pen, dauber, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, timeless type alphabet, organza ribbon

I stamped the snow flakes with the shimmer paint and daubered some on the edge of the letters too. I used a blender pen to very lightly add some bashful blue to the skaters’ clothes to tie in with the letters and the rhinestones add that extra bit of bling. (Which I haven’t captured well enough in this photo unfortunately).
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Another stunner, Kathy. Love the faux metal and the shimmery snowflakes! I haven't inked my skaters up yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    This turned out beautiful! Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love the faux metal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That faux metal tiled ceiling is VERY intriging! Off to check the link! Thanks so much for popping by my blog to say hi! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing is stunning. I never would have through of teaming "metal" tiles with this set - it looks so good together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!