Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

one sheet wonder

I had a look at the challenge on Just Add Ink this week and it was a great sketch challenge. I decided to make a one sheet wonder using one of my new sets Awash with Flowers and use that on my challenge card.
Picture 339
Instead of ribbon, as in the sketch, I used my scallop edge punch to create a “ribbon-like” accent and used the new Stampin’ Up! pearls on the scallops and also on the flower centres. They really added that “special something” to the card.
I also tried out the new blue, Marina Mist, and it is a really lovely colour.
I am going to make a series of cards using the rest of the one sheet wonder to give to my daughter’s violin teacher and accompanist. The Clarence Eisteddfod is on very soon and I always like to give them a little present for their help when music exams and eisteddfods are on.  Hopefully they will like them. I will show you the other cards I come up with during the week.
Ingredients :
Stamps : Awash with flowers, Occasional greetings
Ink : Early espresso, Marina mist, regal rose, pip, bashful blue, wasabi
Card : early espresso, whisper white
Other : Scallop edge border punch, pearls

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kathy. I love the two 'popped up' flowers to the right. Such a pretty card; I NEED that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do a one sheet wonder and create your own DSP down the side! I love the pearls inside the flowers. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, and a fab idea to create your own DSP like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super! Love every square inch of this card - great work. xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Kathy! I love your colour choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERful! :) And beautiful. I love the pearls and your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card. Beautiful!

    :-)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Kathy, this set is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Kathy, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!